Thursday, September 8, 2011

Home-made doggie biscuits

I've been a busy bee this week. Between catching up on work and everything else, I've embarked on a new endeavour.

It's very frustrating trying to find good dog food and treats in Egypt. The dog food we first started giving to Orien almost killed him; our vet thought he had canine distemper when it was in fact the kibble he was eating. Since then, I've been very wary about feeding him any kibble from here, and the imported stuff just completely breaks your bank. He gets a balanced diet now made from home (and he indulged in too much over the summer :p).

It's the same thing with dog treats. Often many pet shops will simply open a bag of kibble (which brand is a mystery) and re-package it in small ziplocks, and sell individual bags as dog treats. Really?! And who has enough room in their suitcase every time they travel to bring back stocks of dog treats. I would like to meet that person :p

I decided instead that I was going to start making dog biscuits myself, and embarked on a journey to find out how to do so. Surprisingly, it was a lot easier than I imagined, and the end result are tasty dog treats that Orien just loves, and I can change flavours accordingly. I think it's only fair that other dog and pet owners in Hurghada have the option to buy proper home made dog biscuits too, and perhaps now our canine friends can have real treats without us having to break our banks in buying them!

For more information on these home-made dog treats, contact this email.


No comments:

Post a Comment