Friday, November 16, 2012

E-cigs - A New Smoking Trend


An article I wrote a few days ago introducing e-cigs. I've seen a few of these for sale in Egypt, if you're interested in finding a location that sells them in Hurghada, please contact me and I can give you a few locations :). 

What is an Electronic Cigarette?

You  may have seen one. A strange looking cigarette with an LED light at its tip that will often light up red, blue or green. Electronic cigarette’s are the newest innovation to hit the smoking market.

Electronic Cigarettes, or e-cigs as they are often called, are made up of three parts. A battery that powers the e-cig, an “atomizer” that vaporizes liquid, and plastic cartridge with a dual purpose. The cartridge’s primary purpose is to function as the mouthpiece of the cigarette, and its second purpose is to house the liquid that is the core that enables the e-cig to work in the first place.

A Chinese pharmacist known as Hon Lik is widely considered the inventor of the present-day electronic cigarette. A heavy smoker for years,   Hon Lik used to smoke up to three full packs of cigarettes a day. It wasn’t until his father died of lung cancer, having also been a heavy smoker, that Hon decided to kick the habit. It was this decision that led to the creation of the e-cig.

Hon Lik promotes it as “a much cleaner, safer way to inhale nicotine.” Like many smokers before him, the nicotine becomes the addictive element of the cigarette, and overcoming that addiction provides the greatest challenge. The negative health implications of smoking have been widely documented, but Hon’s electronic cigarette throws these pre-conceived notions on their head.

Firstly, with an electronic cigarette there is no smoke. In fact, E-cigs don’t burn at all.  The plastic canister with the liquid holds nicotine which has been diluted into a propylene glycol solution.  With the use of the lithium battery, it powers the atomization of the nicotine liquid solution. This is then inhaled by the smoker from the mouthpiece, and when exhaled it resembles cigarette smoke! It gives smoker’s the nicotine kick they are looking for yet reduces the harmful effects that tar and other additives that a normal cigarette would pose.

Electronic cigarettes hit the market in China in 2004, after Hon Lik was awarded a patent for their creation in 2003. But it’s only recently that they are being introduced into the United States’ market. One e-cig carries a retail price of around 25$. Although that might sound expensive, consider that one e-cig is said to contain the equivalent amount of nicotine of up to four packs of regular cigarettes, so they do present as a cheaper alternative.

One of the selling points of the electronic cigarettes these days are that they deliver nicotine to smokers without the stress of gum, or nicotine patches. They are designed to be fun, and come in a variety of styles and flavors, including strawberry! E-cigs are also rechargeable. The plastic cartridge containing the liquid nicotine can be replaced. The concentration of the nicotine can also be altered, ensuring that each smoker gets exactly what they are looking for.

The only downside to the electronic cigarettes in the minds of many consumers may be that it is battery operated, and therefore will require charging. The weight of the battery may also be a hindrance, as the longer you want your e-cig to hold a charge, the larger the battery will need to be. But aside from that, e-cigs are being met with great enthusiasm around the world as modern-day alternative to cigarette smoking!







14 comments:

  1. Electronic cigarettes are cost-effective device that help to quit smoking and start a healthy living. For one, e-cigarettes can last for a long time. My grandpa bought one, and I think he’s using it for three months now. He said he loves the healthy benefits of e-cigs to his body and to his wallet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a Nutshell The e-cigarette is a powerful device developed for nicotine addicts, but it's not a smoking-cessation device
    If you are a smoker of conventional cigarettes which are harming your health and the quality of your life you should probably switch to e-cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can also give a try to flavored electronic cigarettes and quit harmful tobacco smoking. Today, is is It is proved that a electronic cigarette can help us to divert our mind from that more dangerous tobacco cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am satisfied that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apply for loan here personal loan Easy Loan's available here apply from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At : abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Samuel, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a Russian private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
    Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    I just said I should share my own story here
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete