Monday, August 29, 2011

Easy Tortilla Wrap Recipe

It's always nice to find a nice and easy recipe to throw together a quick meal. I love tortilla wraps, but you really cannot find them here unless you are willing to pay 50 times the price because they are imported (and that's assuming you can even find them!) :p And I won't do ready make package stuff, I don't know what's put in there, so why would I put that into my body?

I went on the search yesterday for an easy wrap recipe. It seems everyone has their own unique touch added to it, so I took the best of all the recipes I found, and made my own. Guess what, they were delicious. We've already decided we're doing Mexican night this week now, and with how easy this recipe is, who wouldn't want to do the same.

Here's what you'll need: 

2 cups flour (yesterday I used fine all purpose, for the next ones I'll use whole wheat flour)
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt 
3/4 cup warm milk

To make the wraps: 

Combine all your ingredients above into a large mixing bowl
Knead together until you have a firm dough (about 5-6 minutes) 
Separate into 8 equally sized pieces
Roll each piece into a ball
Cover for 20 minutes 

Kneading the dough
Once you've let your dough balls sit for about 20 minutes, on a lightly floured surface roll them out into thin tortillas. While you're rolling your first one out, let a non-stick pan heat up. It must be as hot as possible. If you don't have a non-stick pan, lightly coat with cooking spray, however, as I used the non-stick pan I cannot attest for how well your tortillas will turn out. 

Gently place your first tortilla into your hot pan. Let it cook until you see bubbles rising. This should not take more than 30 seconds. Flip your tortilla and cook on the other side for another 15-20 seconds. 
The finished product 

Et voila :) Last night, we made our own quesadillas and sausage rolls. They were delicious. Up next week: Suz styled enchilladas with home made tortillas. 

Filling the tortillas

Yummy!!
Bon Appetit! 

4 comments:

  1. If you try it let me know how it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so so much cheaper and more fun than buying them!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making these again tonight! So glad I documented the recipe :D

      Delete