Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jon Stewart on Bassem Youssef

I know, I'm late to the party, but I haven't had time to stop all week. Most everyone in Egypt has heard of  Bassem Youssef, I remember telling K's family he's the "Egyptian Jon Stewart" when I first saw his show a few months ago. In the past week this comparison has been splashed all over the media as the MB have once again made the world go "wtf" when issuing an arrest warrant for Youssef on charges of "offending Islam and the president." Welcome to Egypt's interpretation of Democratic freedom of speech :p

One of the best things that came out of this debacle was Jon Stewart's defense of Bassem Youssef, and his scathing critique of Mr. Morsi. Find the video below, as I know a lot of sites that had it in Egypt had the link removed. So here you go :)




Even better was the Egyptian government's response to Jon Stewart's show. I wonder does Jon know they've issued an arrest warrant for him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment