Saturday, April 10, 2010

One month later and 4.5 kgs heavier!

Time flies by when you're busy. Especially if you're busy trying to settle in and get started with a new environment and everything. One thing you're waking up wondering what to do with the day, next thing you're stressed about what to eat for dinner, something quick! Don't have time to make a huge meal! Rice and stuff it is!

Fortunately, I'm not talking about me. Ahh what it would be like to live the life of a dog. Wake up, eat, sleep, play, sleep, go outside, eat, sleep some more...maybe play a little bit again. Not only that, but if you're like the dogs I've known, you're fed extremely well. :p

Last month, Orien was a mere 8 kg. At 2 months old that is. Now, just a little over a month later, he appears to have lost his puppy chub. Or at least that's what I thought. "Doesn't he look skinny to you Karim? Maybe we're not feeding him enough," I'm sure this conversation has been had in many a dog-home. Lol.

Orien certainly gets fed quite well, kibbles, rice, meats, fresh veggies. He's not lacking (of course this leads to a picky eating dog...Lesson learned CHECK). I was still convinced he was losing weight, until yesterday that is.

Enter vet's office here. Final round of jabs for Orien, make sure he's ready to brave the new world outside. Chuck him on the scale there vet-old buddy old pal. Lets see if he has lost weight. No joke, I was expecting him to have dropped to 7 kgs, or weigh no more than 8.5 kgs at most. I couldn't have been more wrong. 4.5 kgs later, and I now have a 3 month old at 12.5 kg. Goodness, and I thought that he wasn't going to get that big :-p

Fingers crossed he hasn't noticed he's getting bigger yet, he's still convinced he's a lap dog. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment